sometimes we roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodied Piano Keys

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Bloodied Piano Keys Empty Bloodied Piano Keys

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 am

[Mi'Jette]

The moon was hanging high in the night sky, lighting the way for those who stayed awake during the unknown hours, and reflected the faces of corpses left to rot in alleyways once laid in their own blood. The air was musty and carried fog in small bursts, allowing for a brief moment of clear sight.
Household lights were being dimmed and all was fairly quiet, say for the occasional shutters squeaking closed to keep the unwanted out.
Fast paced footsteps suddenly echo through the damp night, being amplified by the stone roads and close buildings, and the shadow of the sprinting figure is projected onto the walls of buildings laying beside the empty street. Another figure quickly follows after, a gun held high, ready to fire, and gaining on the first.
It wasn't long before the two carry on down the street and into an alley, the sudden event being ended by a stark gunshot that stills the air even further. The silent ringing ceases after a couple moments and all is calm once again.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodied Piano Keys Empty Re: Bloodied Piano Keys

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 am

[Angel]

I exhale softly, just a light whuff against the chill night air.
My fur, which would usually glow pale under the moon, was dusted over with a mix of ash and soot, then greased so that my cozy spot on this roof-top wouldn't be found to prying eyes at any point in later times.
Ba-thump
Pause
Ba-thump

I regulate my breathing with my pulse, shifting slightly, the cold from the roof-top seeping through the front of my corset and the old trench coat.
I lay on my stomach, one leg slightly bent, the butt of my old .308 caliber rifle snugged against the inside curve of my shoulder. The barrel stood unobtrusively only a few inches over the street.
I sight down the scope again, the night vision capabilities tinting the world a pale green.
My target still paced in the alley, hands stuffed deep in pockets, collar obscuring a good half of his features, a tilted top hat obscuring the rest.
I tug my sleeve back and look at the time. 1:30.
I look down the scope again, breath evening out in slow, practiced breaths, and caress the trigger like an old lover, before squeezing slowly.
The kick against my shoulder, the muffled blam of the round leaving the chamber and the silenced barrel, and then the sharp smell of powder signal the targets death a few seconds before his brains hit the alley wall.
I lift my head and slide the bolt action back, discarding a single empty case, and pull my rifle back towards myself again, running a hand affectionately over the stock. Loved this gun. I pocket the warm casing, not even leaving this.
Now to go collect the targets items and get that pay..
I'm about to collect myself and head down the stairs when a flicker of motion catches my eye.
I bring my rifle up again, this time just for the sake of seeing what had occurred.
Somebody was running down that alley.
"Goddamnit.." I mutter under my breath.
A witness would do me no good...
My paw feels over the rifle again, steadying it, and I crouch now, ready to take another shot.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:37 am

[Mi'Jette]

My boots slide against the damp stone underneath me when I force myself to stop, staring at the body in front of me.
What the Hell...?
I hadn't shot him... I was a second too late in doing so. That just flat out meant someone else had the listing on this guy. Dammit.
Now I was just standing out in the open, awaiting someone's bullet to my face. I clench my jaw and snarl darkly before jumping straight up to grab the rusting fire escape above me some twenty odd feet.
I couldn't just wait around now... Knowing someone could see my face if I stepped into the light.
My trench coat flips behind me as I swing up onto the iron contraption, grabbing a hold of the brick and launching myself upward onto the roof. My heeled, leather boots clack flatly as I land on the edge of the roof, glancing down at the shooter, which I finally caught wind of.
Wolf. Why is it always a wolf?
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 am

[Angel]

My scope follows her- I could see it was a her, the way her trench coat occasionally conformed to her body made me sure of that.
From the looks of it she was on the same boat as me. Just a Hunter on a job.
I keep her in my sights a few moments before slowly lowering my rifle, ducking my head and dissapearing into the shadows.
If she was on the same boat as me, then I could go my own way and she could go hers.
I'd go collect the body and the pay as per usual. If she met me in the alley, if that target was hers as well, then we might have problems.
I switch to a side carry for my rifle, waiting inside the door for a few minutes, listening for commotion outside before opening the door and taking a few steps out into the alley.
The front of my trench coat was open and the wind down the alley sent it blowing sideways, the old leather creaking slightly.
It wasn't a good fit on me- the badger it had belonged to was broader of shoulders and figure in general. But it was mine now and it'd served me just fine.
I flick an ear and continue waiting. I wouldn't touch the body until I was sure that the situation had either resolved or escalated.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 am

[Mi'Jette]

I growl again and storm off, figuring it'd be easier to just leave her the body since she shot the damn bastard.
At least it was only one... I had six today, not including that one. My pay load would suffice, but as of late, payment wasn't what I was looking forward to. It was the heavy drink at the end of the work day that was waiting in that old dusty pub I loved so much. Those who frequented the place were pieces of shit, yet the atmosphere was still so calming.
Plus, I could find a decent whore to drain dry if need be... That was a perk... And I felt as if I couldn't wait til the next day.
My boots hit the ground once I jump off a three story building, landing with but a thump. I shake my head a little as I stride through the pub's door, being careful to close it without causing so much noise. The bartender never slept... I understood as to why. However, he was still alive because we had come to a mutual agreement that liquor could bring even monsters together while in the depths of a war.
I never argued with the man and he never provoked me. Simple as that.
I take my usual seat at the counter and he almost immediately sets a glass of whiskey in front of me.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:05 am

[Angel]

I nod wordlessly and go to my target, riffling through his pockets for something that would prove I'd killed the guy my contractor had asked for.
I find a key to something or another hidden in an interior pocket. Just to be sure, I take a finger as well, gingerly taking a bandanna from the pack strapped to my thigh and wrapping these artifacts before placing them in the pocket of my trench coat.
I drag the body into the gutter, take the purse, and leave, my boots hitting the street with dull thuds.
Two hours later I have my pay and a glass of whisky, my trench coat in a heap next to me. This corner table is nice.
I hadn't been to this bar before- I rarely visited the same bar twice in two months for security reasons- but I decided I liked it. There was no obnoxious laughter or drunken antics.
Just blessed quiet, the sound of glasses clinking, and the scent of tobacco and alcohol.
I rub my temple, and take another sip of whisky.
I rest my chin in my hand, eyes closed, relaxing slightly in an attempt to let some of the stress go. I could never relax completely, but even halfway felt better than the tense coil of alert that I required of myself daily.
I hear someone fill my glass again and remain as I am, though my hand is shaking slightly. It'd been doing that for a long time..
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 am

[Mi'Jette]

"Ya know..." the bartender starts, "If you change your habits, you wouldn't have to drink so much."
He sets a different glass in front of me which carried a heavy crimson liquid that sent a warm spice scent into my nostrils.
"You probably wouldn't look so dead, either," the Doberman adds and I snort, realizing what the drink was.
He knew what I was doing... I was waiting as long as possible before feeding, which was dangerous for us, due to the possibility of going on a rampage for blood.
"It's what I do. Everyone dies at some point," I retort, picking up the glass to enjoy the smell further.
He just looks at me and goes back to cleaning glasses without a word.
Vampires were an odd kind... We rarely cared for each others company, say for the filthy rich ones that filled a mansion and fed off of one another.
Those of us down here just went about our separate ways and dealt with what comes about.
"Stranger in the back..." he mutters under his breath.
"I know... I can smell her."
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 am

[Angel]

I get that feeling in my gut that means someone in the room has started paying attention to me. Looked at me, brought me up, done something of that sort.
My eyes flicker open and I look around the room, though my gaze is disinterested and bored. Dangerous to be slipping up at this time in this place, but at the end of the day I just stopped caring.
Wasn't like I had a ton to look forward to anymore. A bar fight due to lack of alertness would be welcome.
I sip my whisky, wincing slightly at the burn. I was warming up again- my body temperature ran low, and being out on nights like tonight had a tendency to bring me close to freezing to death.
But, I had the job to get done. And the cold wasn't going to stop me.
I take another drink and continue surveying the room, my mind wandering.
I'd only taken up bounty hunting independently the past three years or so. Used to have a partner, whose trench coat I now wore, but he'd gotten shot so now I just hunted on my own.
It kind of sucked. Cold nights like this, it was nice to have a warm bed and a mate to go back to. Or with. Whichever.
I note a grin had tugged at the corner of my mouth at this thought and wipe my expression again.
Damnit, I always got too sloppy at the end of the day.
My eyes end up finding a familiar figure. It took me a minute to place, but.. yes, I believed she was the same as the one in the alley.
I blink. Should probably look away. But now that I could see her in better lighting, I had to say she wasn't what I had expected.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:39 am

[Mi'Jette]

I suddenly felt her staring and I down the spiced blood mixture the bartender had given me.
The sting almost made me purr, but I simply roll my shoulders to regather myself. It was a strong one... I wondered whose blood it was. It wasn't enough of an amount for me to pick up memories in it, so I couldn't pinpoint where it had originated. Sneaky bastard.
I look up at him and flick my ear, feeling my fangs try and cut through my gums, which irritated me greatly.
"Might as well head back," I comment.
"So soon? Something not set right with you?" he questions.
"I'll be fine. Just got a couple things on my mind."
I stand up and readjust my coat, rolling my shoulders, "Talk to you later."
He nods and I turn on my heel, glancing at the wolf in the corner just before ducking out of the pub.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 am

[Angel]

I blink, my curiosity piqued.
Something about her made me want to know more.
I also had to admit she was rather attractive..
I sip my drink again, my thoughts focused on the present for once.
I down the rest of my drink, leave my pay on the table, and slip out of the corner.
I pull the trench coat on over my bare shoulders, wishing dearly that I had my rifle and that I hadn't put it back in my hideaway.
My only comfort was the knife in my boot, and the revolver that sat under my breast in its harness.
I figure she would realize I was following her and probably dislike it. I also realize I don't really care. For now I was just curious, as well as overtly confident that I could handle any problems should they arise.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 am

[Mi'Jette]

I knew the moment she got up to follow me... My hearing was a bit more than helpful at times.
The sleepy feeling weighing on me was making me feel a bit depressed.
I never slept more than an hour or two and it was always freezing... Well, I was freezing, because I'm just dead like that.
Things never felt the same, especially when watching others be normal in the world.
I suddenly became curious as to why she would follow me... She had to have figured out who I was by now, even if she hadn't seen my face the first time. The sound of her blood pulsing in her body was driving me up the wall because I was telling myself not to be ridiculous and attack a random follower.
Maybe she'd say something first...
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:55 am

[Angel]

I cross my arms as if it would actually warm me up. Still, the action covers the fact that my hand is touching my revolver before I voice a short;
"Hey."
Since she wasn't a target and I was so damned set on being friendly, it had to be fine to say hello.
Better than following her in the shadows like a creep.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 am

[Mi'Jette]

I couldn't help but smirk a little when she speaks, causing me to slow my steps and stop.
"Hello..."
I hadn't turned around yet, but I doubt I'd need to if she pulled a gun on me.
Things just... Had their advantages.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:00 am

[Angel]

I keep my arms crossed, my ears perked and my stance hopefully not aggressive. I didn't know. It'd been a long time since I'd needed to worry about it.
Now that I was required to come back with a response, however..
I blank a few moments, before finding my tongue.
"Why do I keep running into you?"
Probably a valid question. My tone guarded.
It was a reasonable question, considering I was a Hunter and prone to be paranoid. It wasn't abnormal for there to be a target on my back.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

[Mi'Jette]

"Mm... Small world," I reply calmly;
"Not that I run particularly straight either."
I couldn't help with stopping the slight playful tone that slipped out with the last comment.
Her stance was clear for me... Granted, I could sense it more than see it because of the way she was breathing and how her heart beat stayed significantly calm.
Rarely could people stay so calm when tailing another, let along hold a conversation.
Just wasn't instinct.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 am

[Angel]

I was okay with how things were going up until her last comment, at which a slew of less than politically correct thoughts smashed into my train of thought.
My exterior appearance doesn't change- it was hard to change that- but I was now struggling to realign my thoughts.
It was too late and I'd drank too much for that, damnit.
I want to shake my head, but settle for flicking my ear instead.
"Fair enough." Then;
"Was the guy I shot earlier your target?"
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 am

[Mi'Jette]

I pause a moment at her question, having had a feeling it would have been brought up at some point.
"Myes, you could say that. However, his definition was much different for me than it was for you," she replies plainly.
That much was true.
Not that I minded. He was dead after all.
"It doesn't matter though. He's gone and the job is done."
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:15 am

[Angel]

"As long as I know you won't come after me for it."
My pulse had evened out now that I was getting my thoughts under control again.
It was nearing the time where I was expected to turn and leave, and we'd probably never run into each other again.
My tail flicks.
I can't think of anything to say and so just look at her a moment.
Bad idea; my pulse picks up again.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 am

[Mi'Jette]

"No need..."
It was quiet for a few moments... Then my ear flicks when her pulse quickens again.
She was staring. Taking in what was in front of her. Well, the part she could see.
I shift my weight and turn around so I could face her, figuring that giving her an eyeful might give me some amusement.
"Anxious, are we?" I smirk, hooking my thumb into my pocket.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 am

[Angel]

If I thought my attention span was bad before..
I blink, remembering, thankfully, to meet her gaze hopefully before she noticed mine slipping.
Her question makes me raise an eyebrow. I was pretty sure my expression hadn't slipped- it never had before, and those were under more stressful circumstances.
"Just getting everything in order." I answer evenly.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:25 am

[Mi'Jette]

I nod a little, "Right."
My eyes stay on her and my tail flicks a couple times by my feet.
"Your mouth doesn't seem to be telling what's really on your mind," I comment;
"But I suppose not everyone is willing to be intimate with dangerous strangers they met in an alleyway."
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 am

[Angel]

I take in a quick breath at that comment.
She was good..
I blink, looking at her.
"If I'm going to be speaking my mind, I'd prefer something more secure than an alley." I comment, tilting my head.
Considering what I'd said was an open invitation, I guess things had gone better than expected.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:31 am

[Mi'Jette]

I grin a little and tilt my head to the side for a moment.
"Then to the abandoned mill we go," I reply, starting to walk in that direction;
"That is, if you're not afraid of creepy old buildings."
I wanted to see how far she would go... How much she would react.
"Monsters do love creepy buildings."
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bemottled Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 am

[Angel]

I smirk, following her silently.
We were Hunters, there were various reasons she would refer to herself as a monster. I thought nothing of the comment.
"Whatever works." Is my neutral answer, though there's more emotion in my voice now than before.
Bemottled
Bemottled
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midge Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:35 am

[Mi'Jette]

I had walked for a while in silence, my hands stuffed in my pockets, until I spotted the mill finally.
"Strange how I've never seen you before and then I see you three times in one night," I comment, walking into the building.
The building creaked occasionally for no apparent reason, so for it's old frame that was falling apart.
Midge
Midge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum